Podlovers Asia: All about Asian Podcasting
Covering India's Podcast Ecosystem with Abhishek Baxi of Podcast Hub
December 27, 2020
In this episode, we're going to India to talk with Abhishek Baxi of Podcast Hub!
Abhishek is a prolific writer covering tech and podcasting and is the founder of Podcasthub.in, covering the podcast ecosystem with a focus on the Indian podcasting industry. He is a digital consultant working on digital social media, mobile strategy for brands, organizations, and local businesses. He is also a technology journalist, a Senior Editor at Neowin, a Contributor at The Morning Context, and a Columnist at Hindustan Times.
We talked about:
- Abhishek's origin story: How he became obsessed with blogging and jumping into podcasting
- The entirety of the Indian podcasting scene: What is happening there? Abhishek gives us a detailed overview of all the podcasting players in the Indian podcasting space
- From Amazon's confusing strategy in India to Spotify's acquisition of shows, and India's audio consumption culture
- How do we make the jump to go from radio to podcasts?
- Are independent producers and content houses doing well in India? What about investment and circulation?