Podlovers Asia: All about Asian Podcasting
SG Explained's Rovik Robert talks Singapore's Podcasting Scene
November 23, 2020
Kicking off Season 3, we are talking with Rovik Robert, Co-Host of SG Explained!
SG Explained explores and takes a deep dive into all things Singapore-related: from policies to racism and history of Singapore to lighter subjects like chicken rice (one of my favorite foods!).
Since Rovik has been doing this for a couple of years now, I reached out to him to see his thoughts on starting this show and navigating through multiple topics of different levels of sensitivity in a multicultural context. Plus (of course), his observations on the Singaporean podcasting scene.
We talked about:
- Rovik's podcast origin story and starting up SG Explained
- His workflow and choosing the right topics and making sure, to get the most out of each opportunity in trending topics like racism, especially in Singapore
- The art of conversation, and the three types of conversations you can have
- How Rovik cooperates with his cohosts well, even if they have different opinions
- The other podcasts he's working on, including one internal within a corporate environment