Podlovers Asia: All about Asian Podcasting
The Tao of Self Confidence Podcast: Empowering Asian Women with Sheena Yap Chan
March 20, 2020
In this episode, we are going to be talking with Sheena Yap Chan of the Tao of Self Confidence Podcast!
The Tao of Self Confidence Podcast is a show to boost the self confidence of Asian women. Spanning over 750 episodes (!!), Sheena has been on this amazing quest to share their voices, sharing their stories, vulnerabilities and lessons, to empower her listeners. I am personally a fan of Sheena, she has done so much for the Asian podcasting community. The first time I saw her name was when she wrote an ultimate list of Asian podcast! It was one of the influences in me starting this show.
We talk about:
- How she built over 750 compact, powerful episodes
- The factors that affect self-confidence in Asian women
- Her personal story in what compelled her to start podcasting
- Our thoughts on Asian identity
Enjoy the episode!
- 03:02 Lacking support systems for Asian women: Sheena's story in starting her show
- 06:09 Sheena's Tao: Building self-confidence
- 07:39 "As women, we are harsh to ourselves" Why Sheena thinks this happens
- 10:23 Short, powerful episodes: Sheena shares her reasons and interview process
- 16:32 "There's people out there who don't see your worth, but don't make it you": Creating something for yourself as an Asian woman
- 18:39 The labels Asian women get from society and pushing past that narrative
- 20:56 How can we support women who go through these struggles? Sheena shares her thoughts
- 24:40 The biggest lesson Sheena learned about herself: Self-love
- 26:42 What made her realise how short life is
- 31:00 What Sheena would like to see more of in the Asian podcasting scene
The Tao of Self Confidence Links
Sheena's Social Media
Like the show?