Danny Koordi of Fabl Productions talks becoming an independent podcast producer in Singapore and taking a leap of faith
May 01, 2020
This time, a quick trip to Singapore to chat with podcast producer Danny Koordi!
Danny is a fulltime podcast producer and founder of Fabl Productions, creating narrative shows for clients and companies who want to convey a message in podcast format. I've known Danny since the Asia Podcast Summit last year, and this was a good time to get an update on what he's up to, building up Fabl Productions and more.
We talked about:
- The leap of faith from auditing at KPMG to fulltime podcasting
- The mindsets, struggles and worries behind starting your own independent podcast business
- Why countries in Asia are not 'advertiser-ready' yet, plus growing trends
- 02:57 - Meeting with Danny's first client and his origin story
- 5:59 - "He sent a thousand Facebook messages": hearing about Happiness Initiative inspires him
- 9:08 - Leaving KPMG: What was going through Danny's mind?
- 15:32 - Building up Fabl Productions, how Danny captures opportunity
- 17:51 - Danny shares tips on how to dive into podcasting as a business
- 20:07 - "They're not looking for one way, they're looking for the best way" what aspiring podcasters look for in Asia
- 21:00 - Podcasting for money in the short term and McDonalds
- 23:34 - Comparing success to the best podcasters, and Joe Rogan's episode one
- 24:51 - The intangible benefit of podcasting, according to Danny
- 29:00 - What is on Danny's podcast playlist? Renegade Radio!
- 33:50 - What Danny would like to see more of in the Asian podcasting scene?
- 41:26 - BONUS! We chat freeform about my story, random stuff happening podcasting-wise and other shenanigans :)
Danny's social media:
Like the show?